In the article “Euthanasia,” Amis says that there are three types of euthanasia: voluntary, non-voluntary and involuntary. If people are very ill and ask for voluntary euthanasia, it should be legalized. Amis gives us the statistics from the poll in Australia in 1944 “78% of Australians agreed to voluntary euthanasia for patients with fatal diseases or were injured beyond recovery.” More statistics show that people would choose to die rather than to live painfully. Later, Amis gives the examples about the thoughts of some terminally ill patients. They choose euthanasia finally because they don’t want more sufferings. Just like the words in Amis’ article, “every terminally ill patient has the basic fundamental right to voluntary euthanasia.” But the government seems not agree with this action for the overturn by the Federal Parliament in 1997. Still, Amis and the public believe that people have the right to die with dignity just as to live with dignity.
After reading this article, I have the same opinion with Amis. If a person is very ill and can’t control his/her own will, he/she is like a subject and everything will be controlled by others. As far as I’m concerned, everyone has the right to choose their death, especially the terminally ill patients. Besides, if the law is adopted, people will clearly know that they have the assurance of dying, dying with dignity, and no pain. Try to think of a case, if I’m really ill one day and is hard to recover from the disease, I would soon choose my own dying. After all, this is the final decision I can make for myself in my life. What’s more, who will like to live in ever pain and never know when is the end of the pain? If euthanasia is legalized one day, I would like to say the seriously ill patients are blessed.
After reading this article, I have the same opinion with Amis. If a person is very ill and can’t control his/her own will, he/she is like a subject and everything will be controlled by others. As far as I’m concerned, everyone has the right to choose their death, especially the terminally ill patients. Besides, if the law is adopted, people will clearly know that they have the assurance of dying, dying with dignity, and no pain. Try to think of a case, if I’m really ill one day and is hard to recover from the disease, I would soon choose my own dying. After all, this is the final decision I can make for myself in my life. What’s more, who will like to live in ever pain and never know when is the end of the pain? If euthanasia is legalized one day, I would like to say the seriously ill patients are blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment