Monday, November 12, 2007

Panda's Response to Printed Noise

After I read the article "Printed Noise", I really feel those GENTLE MEN mentioned by the author are too pigheaded and anachronistic. Truly, there are more and more commercial words created nowadays, because companys are trying to attract customers and therefore foster their sales. Most of the words used in commercial merchandise and products are meaningless and ever rude, so these words would make some people, especially the elder and those people in high social statuses, feel unacceptable and therefore reject to utter those words. However, those words are popular and common among teenagers and juveniles. If a young people in the same age like us says "The han and cheese" in stead of "Yumbo", maybe his or her friends would find you a nerd. It is not hard to understand, I guess many people of us have ever found that you may feel the list in the restaurants stange. Sometimes when I ordered a dish sound attractive, but the dish finally made me desperate.
Whatever, I think the situation is not so serious as the the author thought.

No comments: