Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Fiona's Response
I thought the article is stating the truth in an interesting way. It is a huge problem for none natives to read the menu while there's no further explanation of its ingredients. I know there's something about commercial strategy inside it, but it confuses people to deside or judge. For instance, when I visited Canada, I went to their famous ice cream chained store, I looked up on the tablet, I saw more then 80 flavors, and all I want was vanilla with chocolate but finally I took "tiger-tiger" which is the best-selling flavor for young kids. After I tried it, I thought it was awfully disgusting and couldn't stop complaining about its relation between its fancy name and the real taste. It somehow cuould be an intelligent way to attract consumer's attention, but we felt like cheated in the end if it didn't fit our expectation. It left us nothing but imagination, it's a great strategy, however, I personally think it's placed at the wrong place. In Taiwan, we usually give our food some fancy names, but there's still some hint you could see in the names and often come up with subtitles of its ingredients.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment